Of course, like all sailors, we are missing the boat dreadfully but we are very thankful that we aren't in the middle of a trans-ocean crossing right now. We are reading about boats stuck in anchorages in the Pacific, allowed ashore only once a week for provisions (and, understandably, not getting a warm welcome from the locals) and with nowhere else to go.
We are therefore getting on with maintenance jobs in the house and garden but have managed a few boat-related projects as well. We brought the Sailrite sewing machine home and also packed up the mainsail to attend to some minor damage.
|Taking advantage of a dry day and the newly-mown lawn to spread the sail out for inspection|
|Chafe at the ends of the battens where the topping lift had rubbed against the sail, exposing the leech-line|
|We removed the plastic batten fitting, applied self-adhesive sailcloth patches and re-assembled it. Perfect!|
Meanwhile, we're very pleased that Practical Boat Owner has just published an article that we wrote about the deck replacement project last month.