The weather window for a departure looks pretty OK so we've decided it's time to leave the rain and chill of NZ. We'll be sad to go, though.
The forecast looks as though we should have good following winds for the first couple of days and we are hoping that the swell left over from the gale yesterday will have calmed. If anything the wind looks as though it might go a bit light from Wednesday but we'll take light over too windy any day!
We'll update our position on http://www.yit.co.nz/yacht/maunieofardwall every day at around 19.00UTC
So, in the meantime, last jobs on the list – fill the diesel and water tanks, make a lasagne for the first night's meal, stow everything that might chafe or rattle and (just in case) take a Stugeron anti-seasickness pill tonight!